- Q.What if I'm not sure what the Children's Rights worker does?
- A. The Children Rights service will be happy to talk to you on the phone 0800 027
4431 or come and see you to discuss the work we do.
- Q. What if I'm not sure if the Children's Rights worker can help me?
- A. The Children's Rights Worker will be happy to discuss your case over the phone
or face to face if you wish. We also run a 'drop in' at the Connexions centre in
Oldham each Thursday between 4pm-6pm
- Q. What if I change my mind about making a complaint?
- A. We work for you and would not take any action without your agreement.
- Q. What if I'm scared about what action will be taken once I've talked
with the Children's Rights Worker.
- A. We only take action on agreement with yourself. We would only take action without
your consent if the safety of yourself or another young person would be at risk
of harm if we did not pass on the relevant information.
- Q. What if I don't like my Independent Visitor?
- A. The Children's Society will work to try to get the best and most suitable independent
visitor for you. If you are unhappy about your Independent Visitor the Children's
Society will work with you to improve the relationship or to look at getting a different
- Q Will the information I give to the Children's Rights worker be kept
- A. Information will be kept totally confidential in all cases apart from where the
information would have an impact on the safety of others. All information given
to the Children's Rights worker is kept secure and confidential. For full details
on confidentiality please talk with the Children's Rights Worker.